IT'S THAT TIME OF YEAR AGAIN!! SUMMER VACATIONS. THE OFFICE WILL BE CLOSED FROM FRIDAY, JULY 3, AND WE WILL RETURN ON MONDAY, JULY 13. AN EMERGENCY PHONE # IS AVAILABLE ON OUR ANSWERING MACHINE.
Obstructive Sleep Apnea
What is Obstructive Sleep Apnea (OSA)?
sleep apnea (OSA) is a breathing disorder, occurring while you sleep,
due to the narrowing or blocking of your airway. When your brain detects
your blocked airway, and a lack of oxygen, it prompts a momentary
arousal for you to draw breath. Many who suffer from OSA have no
memory of these episodes occurring while they sleep and may be
completely unaware of their condition if they sleep alone.
OSA is a serious medical condition that can impact your quality of life. Consider the following:
- Regular snorers have a 33% increased risk of cardiovascular disease
- Those who suffer from OSA are four times more likely to have a heart attack
- 40-80% of stroke sufferers also suffer from OSA
What are the symptoms of Obstructive Sleep Apnea (OSA)?
Ask yourself these questions if you think you might be suffering from OSA:
- Do you and your partner sleep in separate rooms due to loud snoring?
- Do you doze off unintentionally during the day?
- Do you often wake up feeling tired or having a headache?
- Do you have problems concentrating for long periods of time?
sleep apnea dentist, we help many who suffer from OSA through various
treatment options. If you feel you may be suffering from Obstructive
Sleep Apnea, please give us a call to set up a free consultation and
regain your quality of life with strength and energy.